Blog Forums DIY Speakers and Subwoofers Dayton sd270a-88

3 voices
4 replies
  • Author
      oneway

I ordered a couple of these subs today for 20$ each. They’re open box. I was just on the site and there’s still 2 left if anyone is looking for a budget sub to play around with…

cap
      Participant

A couple of those and you can make a pair of DINASaurs. Rawr XD

oneway

Lol. I’m thinking about adding them to a budget  build I’m doing for my brother. 2.1 set up. Somewhat budget anyway. 2 of the 6.5 buyout (same ones used in the b652s) with a morel mdt12 tweeter per side.  Got the 6.5s on sale a while back (as if they aren’t cheap enough) bought 12 of them at 5 bucks a piece. Full price on the morels. I don’t recall ever seeing morels on sale lol. I had a eminence lab 12c sitting around already so he’s using that. He’s using a pioneer 2ch receiver with a sub out to a dayton sa250.

I’ll play with it bass box pro see how they model. Figure he could turn off the labc when he’s listening to music. He’ll at least have the option. 

I do this a lot I’ll see a sale and buy stuff I don’t really need but I think I can find a use for these subs anyway 

123toid
      Keymaster

Thanks for the tip.  I am not going to lie.  I really wanted to pick up the other pair.  But man, I have way too many projects right now.  I can’t wait to see what you do with them! Any thoughts yet?

oneway
      Posted by: 123Toid

Thanks for the tip.  I am not going to lie.  I really wanted to pick up the other pair.  But man, I have way too many projects right now.  I can’t wait to see what you do with them! Any thoughts yet?

not sure but I did go back Saturday and seen they were still there so I went ahead and ordered the other two. I’m kinda interested in seeing how they sound crossed  over  higher than what you’d normally  do with a sub. The response graph looks more like a woofer. Something to play around with anyway. Wouldn’t really need a separate sub amp with them with  what I have for a receiver so that’s a plus.  

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account