Blog Forums DIY Speakers and Subwoofers JBL SRX815

4 voices
4 replies
  • Author
      123toid
      Keymaster

A new clone is in the making . This time a JBL SRX815. I’m using a date and audio 15-in woofer along with the exact waveguide with a JBL d220ti compression driver. I’ll get some more updates as I go along. But so far, this thing is turning out really nice. You’ll notice no bracing yet. I’ll be adding bracing, but I really needed to see how everything would fit so that I didn’t put any bracing in the way of either the ports the woofer or even to get to the compression driver. 

kanaaudio
      Participant

Looks like it’s going to be somewhat of a beast!

smordooch

@123toid

Following your advice (on another post…), I decided to build these speakers concepts for my small band. In addition, I do want to get into this speaker’s world and be able to build and tune them with my own hands. 

Since I’m just getting started into this kind of world, I don’t have the ability yet to measure this twitter through the horn you recommended. I wondered if you could be kind to share your twitter FRD and ZMA files? (I’m going to use the same exact driver you proposed on your links)

engr_dave
      Participant

Very intriguing design.  Is this a passsive or active crossover?

123toid
      Keymaster

@engr_dave 

It is a passive crossover

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account