Blog Forums DIY Speakers and Subwoofers twitter for Dayton Audio RS150P-8A

2 voices
3 replies
  • Author
      leszczfiz

Hello! I’m going to build medium size 2way speakers with Dayton Audio RS150P-8A of RS150-8 Al version woofer. I really enjoy how it looks and hope also sound decent. I recently red about beaming: https://toidsdiyaudio.com/community/postid/2583/ For RS-150 the beening starts at about 1850 Hz.

Do you have any ideas which tweeter amd crossover to use to get best room-filling open sound?

I already designed a crossover for the RS-150-8 Al:

What do you thik about that? I just need to add I’m very beginner in DIY speaker bilds, so don’t hold back criticism 😉 

123toid
      Keymaster

No worries.  We all start somewhere.  Doing a two way with an 8″ woofer is always hard to do, bue to the low crossover point needed.  You’re ngoing to want a tweeter with a low FS.  You will probably want at least a 1″ that can be crossed over no later than 1500hz.  THat will give you some leeway when you crossover.  I would look at the Dayton Reference, Peerless Corrondum and maybe the Peerless Ring radiator.  Any of these should work with it. 

leszczfiz

Thank you for such a quick response 😀 Rs150 is 6 inches, but I see your point. I have  thought about Dayton Reference already but I found this guy <a href=" removed link ” target=”true”>Tymphany XT25SC90-04 with Fs = 824.8 Hz, and it’s better priced, what do you think?

123toid
      Keymaster

@leszczfiz

Whoops, sorry I read rs180, even though it is clearly rs150.  Funny thing, is I still would have been wrong, since that is 7″.  Whoops.  Having said that, typical lowest crossover point is 2x FS.  THat puts that tweeter around 1650hz.  You could probably go a little lower, I try to have FS about 20db down from your system dB at FS.  You’ll probably need at least a 3rd order.  

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account