Blog › Forums › DIY Speakers and Subwoofers › The Cinema 10 build – The novice edition › Reply To: The Cinema 10 build – The novice edition
May 17, 2023 at 8:39 pm #27762
The parts list for speakers
- The Crossover components as listed in the build plans for the Cinema 10.
- The crossover board: 5″x7″ Crossover Board. I ended up not ordering these as I had 1/4″ thick plywood lying around which I cut to size and used it instead. I hot-glued crossover components on it and it worked very well.
- The 2.5″ ports. Each speaker would require 2 of these: 2.5″ Ports
- Binding post for the speaker. Each speaker would require 1 of these: Binding Post
- Screws meant for MDF. As MDF does not take screws well, make sure you get #8 screws. I got 1/2 inch long screws. You could probably get away with 3/4 inch long screws: 1/2 long #8 screws meant for MDF
- Cabinet damping material: 5 lbs damping material
- I also ordered Gasketing tape but ended up not using it: Gasketing tape
- The speaker cable. I ordered 14 awg oxygen free copper speaker cable from Amazon: AmazonBasic Speaker Cable. You will need this cable to connect the binding posts and the speaker drivers to the crossover.